XD07KSTN's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me how you study academic English

4 posters

Go down

Tell me how you study academic English Empty Tell me how you study academic English

Post  uy_marsgod Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:29 am

I mean our major: civil engineering. For me, academic English is totally important and necessary. Also, it's more challenging than communicative English.

Have any one ever tried to study academic English? Tell me your method, what academic books you have, and your experiences....?
uy_marsgod
uy_marsgod

http://xd07-kstn.tk/

Back to top Go down

Tell me how you study academic English Empty Re: Tell me how you study academic English

Post  rongxanhvuotbien122 Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 pm

I have read SOIL MECHANICS books. Reading academic book is really not easy since I must use dictionary a lot of times for the terms of soil. However, the new words are repeated in most pages of the books, so don't worry. As far as I am concerned, unlike CONCRETE book, which MR NAM sent us, foreign SOIL MECHANICS books have a lot of things that are similar to Vietnamese books; therefore, it is quite easy for us to enjoy.
If you want to take the Soil mechanic olympic, I will lend you
Rolling Eyes

rongxanhvuotbien122

Back to top Go down

Tell me how you study academic English Empty Re: Tell me how you study academic English

Post  pion_scor Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 pm

I guess the point is Prof. Ẩn wrote his books based on the main ideas of those English books. Thus, there are alike and easier to comprehend. In the contrast, concrete is different because we have our own standards. Furthermore, we are not used to using English literatures to study, an Academic Dictionary would be helpful, i think.
pion_scor
pion_scor
Admin

https://xd07kstn.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  uy_marsgod Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 pm

My brother told me that I should try to learn A.E but it seem to be difficult to study without friends study together

@Vu: Lend me next month, when I have enough $$ to copy your book, plz Evil or Very Mad
uy_marsgod
uy_marsgod

http://xd07-kstn.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  pion_scor Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:21 pm

don't worry, when you're put in a "Do-or-die" situation, you'll be amazed that yourself can learn very fast confused
pion_scor
pion_scor
Admin

https://xd07kstn.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rongxanhvuotbien122 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:16 pm

My book is copyright Razz Do u intend to take the exam? cheers

rongxanhvuotbien122

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 pm

nothing is impossible when u get ur head in it. In studying acedamic, u always have to know the term and some special words in ur major. Well...to know many words, u should read as much English text books as you can find. When u got many words, remember the grammar rules and understand many terms, I don't think any thing will get in ur way.
If u r (seriously) weak, I suggest that u should learn a lil bit 'bout SAT or SLEP. They're tests, you will have to do math, read lectures and solve some physic, chemistry problems. Then u can move on to your major.
Good luck @

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down